Monday 2 December 2013

Off to Cambridge University today!

Yes, that's right! 
I've been invited to give a presentation of my work in Cambridge to the students of the Faculty of Architecture! What an honour!! 
The day is today, one hour to go and I'm here sitting in a wonderful cafe just opposite the Department of Architecture. I don't feel nervous but I can definitely feel the adrenaline. It's such an exciting opportunity and a fun adventure. 


The assembly room is ready! Students should be here any minute and I'm using those precious second to appreciate this spectacular place, the atmosphere in this department is simply fascinating. The building has been recently restored and extended in order to create more resourceful areas for the students.


Attention to detail is key! Everything is beautifully done and specifically thought out. Great material and outstanding finishes, exposed bricks and gorgeous furniture. Extremely chuffed to be here to give a talk about my own work. 
The head of the department has approved my presentation and found interesting out I've touched such interesting characteristics of the city of Cambridge. I'm delighted and the students were interested and followed my speech all the way thorough.. 
After all I really had to perform to my best considering who they're used to listen to.. 


Honoured and over the moon! I've been eventually asked to form part of the jury of an internal architectural competition at the university of Cambridge. Wow! 
..and that was my day today! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment